Children’s Yoga Teacher Training
YOGA ALLIANCE 95 HOUR CHILDRENS TEACHER TRAINING
REGISTERED CHILDRENS YOGA TEACHER (RCYT200)
DIRECTOR: Sharon Persky
Our Children’s Teacher Training Course is dedicated to providing yoga instructors and professionals working with children the tools and skills needed to create a safe and compassionate yoga class for children ages 3 to teens. The program addresses five general population age groups; Nursery ages 3 & 4yrs, Elementary ages 5 to 7yrs, Tweens ages 8 to 12yrs, and Teens ages 13yrs+.
These groups are differentiated by their psychological, anatomical, and physiological development stages. We approach each stage & age group with different teaching methodology so that our graduates will be able to engage their yoga students with breath and body awareness, asana practice and yoga philosophy, and for professionals to be able to infuse their practices providing their clients with these tools to assist with their progress of their services being provided.
The program will address teaching in different venues, such as yoga studios, teen shelters, secular and non-secular schools, afterschool programs, and summer camps. The curriculum also focuses on dealing with behavioral issues, business and marketing practices, ethics and legalities of working with children.
Certification and Yoga Alliance Registration:
Anyone who loves working with children may enroll in the Children’s Teacher training program. This route is encouraged for school-teachers and those who work with kids outside of a regular yoga environment. Check with your licensing coordinator as this training may qualify for CEU credits.
To register with Yoga Alliance as a RCYT you must have a current Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200) designation. The RYT200 can be completed prior, concurrently or after commencement of the Children’s 95 hour training. In order to receive the designation and listed on the Yoga Alliance, you are required to have a 200YTT (Yoga Teacher Training) designation, the 95-hr RCYT certificate and (30) hours of teaching children’s yoga. Yoga and Polarity Center encourages enrollment in The Children’s Teacher Training and the 200-hour Teacher Training concurrently to provide the most well-rounded education possible.
2017-2018 Children’s Yoga Teacher Training
Classroom Hours: 95
- 20 hours of Techniques Training Practice
- 15 hours of Formal Classroom Methodology
- 10 hours of Anatomy & Physiology (Required Texts)
- 12 hours of Yoga Philosophy
- 12 hours of Child Development Studies ( Required Texts)
- 18 hours of Practicum
- Observe 3 approved children’s classes with Review
- Assist 3 approved children’s classes with Review
- Teach 3 approved children’s classes with Review
- Final Practicum Class with Peer Review
- Have a current background check available to work with children.
- Have Proof of Yoga Insurance.
- Submit an Application/Questionnaire. All submissions will be reviewed and returned within 72 hours of receipt.
- Sign our “Code of Ethics” and Background release forms to be returned to Director before commencement of classes
- Attend 10 Classes at the discretion of the teacher and one hour audit review following each class (20 hours).
Cost of Program: $2,200
- $250.00 deposit is required at the time of registration to reserve your place in the September program, (this includes a $100 non-refundable deposit)
- Payments can be made monthly from September 1, 2017 – May 1, 2018 (nine (9) monthly payments in the amount of $250.
- The final payment will be due by April 15th before graduation.
- Children’s Yoga Teachers Training Manual ($25 due on first day of class)
When: Saturdays, 12:30-5:30 PM OM Studio
September 16, 2017
October 7, 2017
November 4, 2017
November 18, 2017
December 2, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 6, 2018
January 20, 2018
February 17, 2018
March 10, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 14, 2018
May 12, 2018
May 19, 2018 Practicum 10-5pm
Required Text Books:
Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology of Children by Janet MacGregor (Amazon.com)
The Psychology of the Child by Jean Piaget and Barbel Inhelder (Amazon.com)
If you would like more information or if you just want to talk to us, call our office at 516-578-2898 and speak one of our faculty.