Yoga simply defined is a discipline that means union. A Children’s yoga practice is designed to be a fun and imaginative way to present yoga postures and breathing exercises. Through the use of music, stories, games, and props, without realizing it the children will be learning techniques to help their bodies to become healthier, stronger, and more relaxed. If they are moving imitating and having fun then they are learning. It is non-competitive; thereby everyone practices at his or her own pace. Unlike an adult yoga class, which is usually very quiet and serene, Kids yoga can get loud and crazy, and yet still achieve the same great benefits.
- Stimulates imagination
- Incorporates movement and breathing
- Develops strong, flexible and healthy bodies
- Increases concentration, focus and attention through active listening
- Increases flexibility, balance, agility, strength and good posture
- Improves co-ordination and motor skills
- Builds self-esteem and confidence
- Reduces stress
- Helps to strengthen sports performance and prevent injuries
Kids Yoga & Mindfulness Friday Classes
Sharon Persky, E-RYT200, RYT500, RCYT
YPC is thrilled to announce our Program for Kids Yoga! Get your kids in here for creative, productive, and safe yoga. The benefits are almost eclipsed by how much sheer FUN it is!
When: Fridays starting in September
Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm, PreK-3rd Grade
Where: Om Studio, 32 Church Street, Malverne, NY 11565
Cost: $15 per class
Contact: To register, email Sharon at [email protected], or call 516-849-5411.
Class Schedule Fall 2017
To be announced / check back here