Yoga simply defined is a discipline that means union. A Children’s yoga practice is designed to be a fun and imaginative way to present yoga postures and breathing exercises. Through the use of music, stories, games, and props, without realizing it the children will be learning techniques to help their bodies to become healthier, stronger, and more relaxed. If they are moving imitating and having fun then they are learning. It is non-competitive; thereby everyone practices at his or her own pace. Unlike an adult yoga class, which is usually very quiet and serene, Kids yoga can get loud and crazy, and yet still achieve the same great benefits.
- Stimulates imagination
- Incorporates movement and breathing
- Develops strong, flexible and healthy bodies
- Increases concentration, focus, and attention through active listening
- Increases flexibility, balance, agility, strength, and good posture
- Improves coordination and motor skills
- Builds self-esteem and confidence
- Reduces stress
- Helps to strengthen sports performance and prevent injuries
Kids Yoga & Mindfulness Tuesday Classes
Mary Clare Chiofalo, RYT500
YPC is thrilled to announce our Program for Kids Yoga! Get your kids in here for creative, productive, and safe yoga. The benefits are almost eclipsed by how much sheer FUN it is!
Class Schedule Winter 2017 – 18
When: Tuesdays Time: 4:30pm-5:30pm, 1st – 6th Grade Where: Prem Studio, 30 Church Street, Malverne, NY 11565 Cost: $15 per class Contact: To register, email Mary Clare Chiofalo at [email protected] or call 516-841-3923.